Ragnarok – New Ark Map
At E3 Wildcard announced the release of a new map called Ragnarok. Some of the features include a Griffin. This new one is everyone’s favourite gallant glider.
Gryphon Magnificum is undoubtedly a sight to behold. Many ancient myths tell of various depictions of the Griffin over the ages, but what is never disputed is its majestic and mysterious nature. With the front half of an eagle and the back half of a lion, it is as if these two creatures somehow fused together to form a superior land and air predator.
While one’s first instinct might be to approach the creature and marvel at its beauty, that would be a very poor decision. Its range of attacks makes it one of the more versatile predators I’ve witnessed. If its presence alone isn’t enough to intimidate potential hunters, it has the ability to dive from the sky to the ground with such force that it inflicts damage to anyone unfortunate enough to be below it, or carry its momentum back into a rapid uplift.
The idea of pacifying such a beast is nothing to scoff at. It’s highly independent nature and disinterest with interacting with humans combined with its power and strength make the Griffin a challenge to domesticate. However, there have been those who are fearless enough to attempt and succeed at this miraculous feat. Once tamed, riding atop a Griffin along with a tribemate passenger, dashing through the air at high speeds, is a prize in and of itself.
Info from Ark official Site
The new map will contain
- A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land, sea or air
- Tons of harvest-able or gatherable resources
- Caves of all shapes and sizes, each designed to be built in
- Distinct variations on former ARK creatures, as well a special brand-new creature unique to Ragnarok
- Build tree platforms on unique trees/rocks
- Expansive biomes that were built to reward hardy explorers
- Some of the most challenging dungeons in ARK will await players
- An active volcano that while erupting yields a high amount of resources in the form of lava crystal
- Beautiful vistas and base locations as far as the eye can see
- Hot springs that while dormant yield a relaxing buff, but when active, become dangerous
- Ruins to not only explore but that can also be incorporated into base builds
- A vast ocean with its own ecosystem
- Upcoming future desert biome to find and tame creatures
- Upcoming Explorer Notes that hold the key to Ragnarok’s secrets and history